About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Sanctuary

It is almost a year since I was last at the ocean. I'm craving it again. I find God in a starlit night sky and in the ocean and everything about it. Always have done.

When my mom was here from England last year, we went over to Brookings for the day and the sense of equilibrium and well being from just being by that huge expanse of water was overwhelming.

The year before that I spent 3-4 days with my dear friends Jeff and Cheri and their kids at Pacific Beach, near Aberdeen WA in the most gorgeous house next to THE most amazing beach. You might think I am exaggerating, but it was the closest thing to heaven I'd seen in ages.

Be honest now, how often can you truthfully say that you are able to "Be still and know that (He is) God". The journey that life inevitably drags you on is relentless, and catches you up in it's allure and it's perpetual motion. It isn't until you reach the point of no further passage that you have to pause and take stock, and when you get to the ocean, that's where life - temporarily at least - ends.

Psalm 62 verse 1 says "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him." May you find rest for your soul wherever it is that God chooses to provide it. But may you seek it too, because if you don't, you will never stop running.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Thanks for this reminder. Your posts just get better and better, Kipper.