About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pet Sounds

Some may consider this a lazy posting, but I was going through the CDs in my car - of which there are far too many - and I thought I'd tell you a few of them. It all helps in the "getting to know me" process. I think you can always tell a musician by the variety of music in the car, so here goes. As of this evening, among others, you would find....

Kari Jobe ~ great worship, and soothing for traffic snarl ups
Keith Urban mix ~ you just can't go wrong with Keith. Great writing and irresistible tunes.
U2 360 Degrees live from Wembley Stadium, London. Taped from UK radio by my brother. Great reminder of the Rose Bowl show I saw last October.
Journey's Greatest Hits ~ Come on! You have to admit it's great driving music!!
Cloudchase - That's Love ~ They only made one CD but I love it. Again, great driving music.
Delirious Hits ~ My absolute favourite worship band of all time. 'Nuff said.
Various Jesus Culture CDs ~ Energetic and passionate praise & worship music.
Family Force 5 mix ~ Turn it up LOUD!!!!
Led Zeppelin various CDs ~ ditto
Lincoln Brewster mix ~ Second favourite worship band/person

The list goes on and on but there's a few highlights. Maybe that tells you more about me....or then again, maybe not.
So...what's in YOUR car stereo?

2 comments:

Jenna said...

What does it say if you don't HAVE stereo?! lol
I have a radio, and when I have it on you know where it is most of the time, especially in the middle of the day.
But no surprises with this post Kipper. Although I don't know who Cloudchase is.
btw-so wanted to poke fun at the title-haha pet sounds! mooo....

Steve Best said...

Cloudchase is a Christian husband/wife duo (she was the singer) who made this one fantastic CD about 2 years ago but it went nowhere, so now they are touring together as an acoustic duo and promoting her solo stuff. Her name is Erin Sparks, but that CD they did has some really cool songs, one of which I want to suggest as one for Saturday night church.