About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bring Him Your Needs

I love it when friends are able to share wisdom and words into particular situations. That is the body of Christ at work. I was given this piece, originally written by Canadian preacher, theologian and author A.B. Simpson, and I'm reproducing it here simply because it is THAT GOOD and I am sure that besides me it will speak to someone reading it.

"Do you find yourself at this very moment surrounded with needs, and nearly overwhelmed with difficulties, trials and emergencies? Each of these is God's way of providing vessels for the Holy Spirit to fill. If you correctly understand their meaning, you will see them as opportunities for receiving new blessings and deliverance you can receive in no other way.
The Lord is saying to you, "Bring them here to me". Firmly hold the vessels before Him, in faith and prayer. Remain still before Him, and stop your own restless working until He begins to work. Do nothing that He Himself has not commanded you to do. Allow God time to work and He surely will. Then the very trials that threatened to overcome you with discouragement and disaster will become God's opportunity to reveal His grace and glory in your life, in ways you have never known before.
'Bring all your needs here to me'."

1 comment:

Jenna said...

This is so good, Kipper. Thanks for sharing it.