About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Good news from the health club...


Well last night was my Trainer night at the gym, and every 2 weeks I have a bunch of measurements taken to determine body fat/muscle ratios, as well as other measurements of muscle development.

My trainer Doug was really pleased with me, as my body fat percentage was down one whole percentage point compared to 2 weeks ago. That may not sound much to some of you, but apparently it is very good, and along with that there has been a marked change in some of the measurements, indicating that muscle is already beginning to replace fat. My new nutrition program is kicking in well, and I already feel a lot better, so I am very encouraged. It's always good to stay on the right side of your trainer!

So for this week, my workout program is a lot longer and focussing on more specific musicle groups (my arm and shoulder muscles are not as strong as I'd thought, and we're really concentrating on those).

In addition, my cardio work is concentrating on getting a higher heart rate, so the speed and incline on the treadmill is going up.
I'm doing some free weight work now, which is the first time I've ever done that. Feels a bit weird at first, but I'm told I'll get used to it soon.

I've also been given a day off (I was going in 7 days a week) as Doug wants to leave us somewhere else to go when we need to up the work rate later.
So it's all looking good, and although there's a long way to go until I become a buffed adonis, it's definitely a very good start.

No comments: