About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Cost of being a Musician


I guess there is a down side with everything, and you'll forgive me if I have a small pity party here. Truth is that a lot of people are a lot worse off than me, but one by-product of many years playing cello and bass guitar is the toll it takes on your hands and joints.

I've been very fortunate up to now to be almost totally free of problems, but for the last few weeks I've really been troubled by arthritis in both hands and I felt today I just wanted to vent, as the pain is pretty much constant and there are times when it becomes a real nuisance.

Like I say, a bit of perspective will show me that there are a lot worse problems I could have, and I feel amazingly blessed to be here doing what I'm doing, surrounded by the friends I have, so maybe you'll forgive me if I just get this out and then shut up and count my blessings!

No comments: