About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

12 Months Back..


Exactly a year ago today, I boarded an Icelandair Boeing 757 at SeaTac International Airport, taking me away from my United States adventure for the final time, after 5 years in the country. Touching down the next day in an unseasonably warm London (let's say no more in the light of the current permafrost!) with no idea what to do or where to go, apart from
my mum's apartment in my hometown.

Needless to say, although I and my family had no idea what would transpire, God wasn't taken by surprise, and events since then have shown Him to be manifestly in control of all things.
Of course I still miss my second family over the pond, and I can't wait to see them in just 166 days (as one of them reminded me today), but I wanted to record my gratitude to God and my recognition that things certainly do work together for good, even though we often have no idea what's going on.

Maybe you need to hear that today. Take heart. Whatever has happened to you, the person LEAST taken by surprise was your God!

No comments: