About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Reflections on Prayer Day

As expected, yesterday's Dove Day of Prayer was hectic from start to finish with well over 300 emails and phone calls taken between 6am and 6pm.

It is strange how draining something as seemingly simple as prayer can be, but the truth is that you are making an emotional and spiritual connection with God every time, and especially when praying on the air, we have to be so careful not to give out any names, or to give away too much about a particular situation that someone is able to guess who it involves.

That said, I was moved by how - after having prayed with people over the phone - it really sounded in their voices as if a huge weight had been lifted. Maybe I ought to pray more for those I know and love, since it costs me nothing but can be such a massive encouragement, just to know someone cares and is trying to understand.

It was encouraging to be joined in the studio yesterday by two great men of prayer, Pastor David Grinder from First Church of the Nazarene here in Medford - my home church - and Pastor Ron Timen from Rivergate in Ashland (who, as it turns out, is a huge fan of the Motown backing band, the Funk Brothers, and like me, a big fan of the legendary James Jamerson, so we had plenty to talk about in down moments).

Now comes the excitement of awaiting news of how God has been answering all those prayers, because he is and he will, in his own time.  I look forward to sharing encouraging news of answered prayer. In the meantime, don't forget the National Day of Prayer on May 6th.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Thanks for your prayers! I know we will see some amazing answers...