About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Unexpectedly Reticent...or maybe emotionally drained

I have to say that it is nice to finally be up here in Washington State. Don't get me wrong; I wish I was back home in Medford, but knowing that I have to go to England, the break had to happen at some time, and I knew it would be hard. Now I am here for 2 weeks, I can get my head together and look forward to seeing family and friends in the UK without the heart wrenching task of saying goodbye to dear dear friends every day. At least here it'll be 2 weeks until I have to say goodbye to anyone else, which will give me some healing time.

The last few days in Medford, especially after I left my apartment on Friday, were spent just trying to maximize every second left with my friends. They were precious times, not so much about what I did, but who I was with at the time. My last full day in town was spent quietly in the morning, and then with one final worship concert with my bandmates, followed by a movie.

The concert was both powerful and deeply emotional. I was invited down to the altar half way through to be prayed for by friends, and that just about finished me off. I've said it before and I'll say it again - without shame - I have never found it so hard to leave people and a place. The most emotional moments of my life. 

I guess that really cemented for me the calling God has placed on my heart to be here (sorry, there -- force of habit). I have never felt such a wrench leaving somewhere before, and I have been based in a lot of places in my time. That's one way I feel sure that my future is back here, just from the way my heart is disposed to the people, the church, and the environment. It also makes it a little easier, being as convinced as I am that my future is back there.

I was going to talk more about the whole experience of the weekend, the emotion etc. but to be honest, I really don't want to. My friends here in Washington have been amazing and I'm looking forward to my time here, and looking forward to my visit to the UK. Once more, I know God has something lined up for me there, and as I have already said, I am determined not to miss it, and determined to serve however and wherever I can.

The next thing I am looking forward to is a call tomorrow from Premier Christian Radio, and I hope after that I will have more idea of whether or not there is something there for me.

I'm looking for some ministry material for these two weeks, so first I'll be getting the new Passion:Live CD, plus two books; Ann Voskamp's "One Thousand Gifts" and John Bevere's "Relentless". 

Okay, I thought I'd have lots to say today, after 3 or 4 days of silence, but it turns out that I haven't, so I'll finish up for now.  

No comments: