About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Before The Throne

Tonight it was brought home to me just how God soothes us through our feelings of guilt. If we were honest, most of us say we battle with - sometimes irrational feelings of guilt, and our own unworthiness as a result. Clearly this comes from the enemy. Just listen to these words from the Stuart Townend song "Before The Throne Of God Above"

"When Satan tempts me to despair, and tells me of the guilt within, upward I look and see Him there, Who made an end of all my sin."

This tells me two things. First that no matter how we might feel about our guilt - with or without perceived justification - God is unequivocal; guilt has been wiped away and our sin put to an end...daily.

Second, our instinct when we want to beat up on ourselves is to look DOWN, isn't it? But we need to train ourselves to look UP first, into the face of our Redeemer who longs to comfort us and tell us that our sins are washed away. We are justified.

So, remember that you need to go against your instinct to look down toward the ground when you mess up - because you will. Try and make sure the first direction you look is upwards.

No comments: