About Me

My photo
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Broadcaster, musician, song writer, tea drinker and curry lover.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Carving my first pumpkin








Okay, so I've never done this before, but it's a tradition here so yesterday was pumpkin day. I spent all afternoon carving away like a madman along with my life group family, and as you can see from the pictures, we made a LOT of mess, but also had a LOT of fun!




Luckily, my pumpkin wasn't too big, so it didn't take too much effort. I am handicapped by artistic inability and a fear of anything sharp (as it usually manges to lodge itself somewhere in me, narrowly avoiding cutting something off), but despite all that, I managed to get the thing open and clear out all the gunk - MAN what a lot of gunk... Quite how you make the leap from this smelly stringy gloop to wonderful pumpkin pie I know not...


It was great watching the kids go at it, and in the end I was pretty happy with the way mine turned out. Now all I need is a candle and I'm good to go!

No comments: